I put myself to a challenge to find the BEST way to apply the "Happy" adhesive die cut that came in May, 2016 My Paper Pumpkin Kit. Congratulations to every subscriber, this month's kit is AWESOME! Don't miss out on next month's kit in the mail, EMAIL me!
Keeping it Straight
Start by cutting around the outside of your die cut word.
Carefully remove the top white layer; leaving the die cut on the backing. Also remove the spaces inside the letters.
Tip: Use a piercing tool and pull back the top white layer.
Turn over and carefully pull the backing up, only allowing the backing to release from the die cut word. Create a straight crease in the backing.
Turn over and place on card.
Adjust to your satisfaction and press down on the ENTIRE exposed lettering. Apply good pressure to allow lettering full contact with the paper.
Take the backing from the top and slowly pull and remove. Hold down the bottom letters as your pull away.
And there you have it - a straight application
(Now if only I could take better pictures.)
The Final My Paper Pumpkin Alternative
- My Paper Pumpkin - May 2016
- Card base
- Pumpkin Pie corrugated cardstock
- Pool Party Happy die cut
- Many Manly Occasions stamp set
- Star embellishment
- Not included in kit
- Basic Black, Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie cardstock
- Scraps for balloons, balloon tails and bow
- Balloon Celebration stamp set
- Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie inks
- Mini Treat Bag Thinlits (bow)
- Balloon Bouquet and Bird Builder (for balloon tails) hand punches
- Fine Tip Glue