Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Clear Stamps Won't Stick to Blocks

I know EVERYONE struggles with their Clear Mount stamps falling off the block.  It always happens when you have already used the Stamp-ma-jig and it falls off just after you re-ink the stamp.  Drives me nuts!

Several ideas found online suggests:
  1. Don't put the matching sticker on the back of the stamp (hate this)
  2. Mark sure you clear block is clean
  3. Coat your stamp with two-way glue and allow to air dry
  4. Place thin vinyl on the clear block
Suggestion #4 has worked for me.  I replace the vinyl once every four months.  I used a Photopolymer stamp for the first time and placed it on the vinyl-covered clear block.  The vinyl pulled off the block when I removed the stamp.  I remedied this by only covering one side of the block with vinyl.    Add a cold craft studio and off falls the clear stamp.  I GIVE UP!

This is what works for me.  I place one Fiskars White Adhesive Repositional Tab on each block.  They do have to be replaced from time to time.  I purchased these tabs years ago, I don't know what stores carry them now.

I hope this suggestion works for you.

No comments: