Tuesday, March 22, 2022

How Did She Do That?



Hmmm...how did she do that?

I've said it many times, I love layers! I wanted to make a card using this card map. My layout would begin with a typical A2 card base. My next layer (A, usually a solid cardstock) would be 4" x 5 1/4". The final layer would be 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".* However how do I measure and cut the angles of the small strip of paper. perfectly? I can't attach the top and bottom layers to card layer A which is 1/8" wide and attach the strip with guesstimated angles. 

March 20th post....



 My solution.....

  • Cut from a scrap of cardstock measuring 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". This will be used as a template and will not become part of the actual card.
  • Attach the bottom piece with a little length of tape runner. You will need to remove tape later.








  • Attach the top piece with a little tape runner. You will need to remove the tape later.







  • Attach your strip, taping or gluing the entire strip to the two pieces.











  • Trim off the strip.
  • Carefully remove entire front section from card template. 
  • Glue to card layer 4" x 5 1/4"











No comments: