Saturday, November 12, 2011

All Occasion Planner

Amazing Crafters - Sharing Their Talents!
I am often inspired by the many women (mostly women) that share their talents to everyone via the internet. I have created a few tutorials in Adobe PDF and know how much time it takes to create on tutorial. I have not attempted to even make a video to post to YouTube. I use a customized search on YouTube and look every day for videos created with Stampin’ Up! tag lines. I stumbled on these videos this week and I had to create a planner for myself. I decided to make mine an all-occasion planner rather than a Christmas planner.

Check out these two videos by Michelle Suit to see the step-by-step process to make the planner. I did not come up with the planner idea and they are not my videos. Please take the time to “Like” the video and post a comment for Michelle. Videos: Part 1 and Part 2.  Please refer to Michelle's video for an explanation on how to put the planner together.


Stampin’ Up! Products
  • Tangerine Tango cardstock
    • 2 pieces, each measuring 8 1/2" x 11 (Score at 5 1/4" and 5 3/4" along the 11" length)
    • 2 strips each measuring 4" x 1 3/8" (the final measurement after using the Scallop Trim Border punch is 4" x 1")
    • Flower on envelope
  • So Saffron cardstock
    • 2 pieces, each measuring 5" x 4 (Score at 1/4", 1/2", 4 1/2" and 4 3/4" along the 5" length and score at 1/4" and 1/2" on one of the remaining sides (I constructed my pockets differently than Michelle)
    • Front panel embellishment - circle
  • Old Olive cardstock
    • Front panel embellishment - scallop circle
    • 1 3/8" circle
  • Whisper White cardstock
    • 1 1/4" circle
  • Haiku Designer Series Paper
    • 5" x 8 1/4"  to cover the panels.  (I covered four panels)
    • 3/8" x 8 1/4" to cover the spines
    • 4" x 1/2" for trim on pockets
    • 5" x 2 1/4" to cover the legal pad (Score at 1" and 1 1/4")
    • 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" to cover envelope
    • 1" x 12" for front panel medallion embellishment
  • Tangerine Tango and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers
  • Broadsheet Alphabet stamp set
  • Scallop Trim Border and 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches
  • Flower Burst Embosslit die
  • 5/8" So Saffron grosgrain ribbon
  • Sticky Strip
  • Multi-purpose Liquid Glue
Other Products
  • Envelope - A2 size (5 3/4" x 4 3/8")
  • Scallop circle die (3 1/4" diameter)
  • Circle die (2 3/4" diameter)
  • 3/8" coordinating ribbon (similar to Old Olive)
  • Low-temp hot glue
  • 5" x 7" legal pad
  • Velcro dots (I placed these behind the legal pad instead of adhesive)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beth,
Your planner is simply gorgeous !! I'm so thrilled that you like the videos. Thanks for posting the info to your blog. It means so much to me.
Blessings,
Michelle