Thursday, October 18, 2018

UBER Leaves a Blind Man Stranded

Many of you are aware I have an adult son that is legally blind. This is what Uber did this week. The refused to talk to us but they did refund his money and that was it. This is the second time this has happened to my son in two years.




If you don’t see the video - check here http://abc3340.com/news/local/blind-man-says-uber-bailed-on-him-because-of-service-dog

This is Uber!  They hide behind their app, website and email.  They refused to provide a phone number and they refused to call us. They slapped the driver's hand lightly and sent her on her way.  

They had two years to review with each and every employee to follow ADA rules.

#UberFail
#UberStrandsBlindMan

2 comments:

imacrafty1953 said...

Sorry your son was treated so badly. I don't know but I think you could report them to the federal agency for discrimination!

Sue Turnbeau said...

A friend who is a Stampin Up demonstrator sent a link to this. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS AND PROBABLY ILLEGAL!! I have a blind brother so know the discrimination he faces. I hope the news story generates action and UBER makes a public apology to your son. If they do not, I would support a public petition. I have a friend in MA who is an attorney and I bet she could help advise if you want it.