I can't say enough about Dr. Winchester and her staff. I was quite emotional at my first visit. Each hand that TOUCHed me was full of love. My long journey trying to get my life back from my chronic pain, headaches and migraines - and now breast cancer - had taken a toll on me. I cried so easily mostly because of the unknown road I was about to travel.
I haven't cried since the morning of my surgery - serenity had finally entered my soul. God has spoken, it is my turn; my turn to become a better Christian. My first goal - Patience. As a dear friend (who will remain anonymous - Barb) said, patience was not one of my virtues. I hope to prove her wrong.
The GREAT NEWS
- All the cancer was removed during my lumpectony - the cancer size was very small (0.4 x 0.3 x 03 cm)
- The four lymph nodes removed were negative
- No chemotherapy is needed
- I will be having some type of radiation and possibly some type of oral medication
AND - in no particular order.....
- To our sons, David and Bill, daughter-in-law Kristin and precious grandbaby Kendall - I love you all so much.
- To my sister Susan - thank you for your unfailing love. I can't wait to see you - Sister Retreat Time!
- To all my family back in Ohio - I love you all. Thank you for the "Casto flowers" (aka sunflowers), telephone calls and cards.
- To my Jasper sister Barb - my friend, my chauffeur. Thank you for your love and support. I can't wait for my Sister Retreat in Michigan this summer. Easter dinner - my first homemade meal in over two months!
- To my Trussville sister Gail - Thank you for putting me on your church prayer list. I was very concerned about the severe migraine that usually followed my surgeries. I didn't have a migraine following either of my two surgeries. Your pastor's concerns were heartwarming.
- To all my sisters at First United Methodist Church of Jasper - thank you so much for being available 24/7. Thank you to those who offered to bring dinner or drive me to an appointment.
- Mary Ann S. - for kneeling, praying and hugging me at the church altar. The apple pie was half eaten in one day.
- Candy C. - Thank you for recommending that I should go and see Dr. Winchester
- Kathryn O. - The potato soup was delicious. Thank you for checking on me through emails when I was too upset to talk to anyone.
- Charlene S. - your inspirational scriptures were perfect.
- Betty L. - A cancer survivor who emailed me and made herself available if I had any questions.
- Jeannette S. and her Sunday School members - I appreciated your prayers and emails.
- To my Facebook Peeps - thank you for your support and private messages.
- To my Blog Peeps - thank you for your words of encouragement you gave by emailing me or posting a comment to this blog.