Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Crosswalk

It all makes sense now.  For the past four years I have had many struggles physically with my body.  The pain was so intense and unbearable.  So many times I cried out to the Lord to end the pain.  In December, God answered my call and sent me to a physician who finally addressed my daily pains and migraines that left me in bed for days.   I had my LIFE back!!  But little did I know what I was about to face.  God was preparing me, GOD WAS PREPARING ME for the biggest struggle I have ever faced.  I have breast cancer.











We complain about the cross we bear but don't realize it is preparing us for the dip in the road that God can see and we cannot.

Whatever your cross, whatever your pain, there will always be sunshine, after the rain....

Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall; but God's always ready, to answer your call....

He knows every heartache, sees every tear, a word from His lips, can calm every fear...

Your sorrows may linger, throughout the night, but suddenly vanish, by dawn's early light...

The Savior is waiting, somewhere above, to give you His grace, and send you His love.

May God fill your day with blessings!!

(author unknown)

7 comments:

Cindy Galbraith said...

Beth, your story is so simlilar to mine. I had many medical problems leading up to my diagnosis with breast cancer last April. I am also a Stampin' Up demonstrator. If you ever need anyone to talk with, please contact me. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Visit my blog, if you want, where I journaled my cancer journey from the time I was diagnosed. There is so much HOPE!!! http://cindys-cancer-journey.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Beth, you are a strong Christian and the Lord has you prepared for your new fight. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Myrna said...

Beth
Thank you for sharing your story and the following words of encouragement.
You will be in the hearts and minds of many people through this new struggle of yours but with Gods help we KNOW you will overcome this obstacle too.
Myrna

Anonymous said...

Beth, The Lord is great! Four years ago I spoke at my oldest son's funeral. There had been so much tragedy in my life with my daughter having been a crime victim and in recovery for 3 years. One morning my 28 year old son was unexpectedly called to be with our Saviour. I then realized that the pain I had suffered for 3 years had actually prepared me and given me the strength to go through that day and every day since. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. His love for us endures. Be constant in your praise and prayer to Him. You are in my thoughts and prayers. The Lord has shown you that you have the strength to endure. Again,my heart is with you.

Queen Mary said...

Beth, thanks for sharing your "cartoon," and your story. In my own struggles (migraines to depression) I hold onto the quote attributed to Mother Theresa: "I know God won't give me more than I can handle -- I just wish He didn't trust me so much!"
A little humor to keep my sufferings in perspective has always helped. I hope your issues with your cancer go well and it's all easy from hear on out!

Traci Cooley said...

Praying for you and your family during this time.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts & prayers. I know you will get thru this as God sends his angels & blessings down to you. Beth
Bethluvs2kraft@aol.com