Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thank you card gift set

Stampin' Up! Products
  • Cherry Cobbler cardstock
    • 4 3/4" x 3 1/4"
    • Start with a strip measuring 5 1/4" x 3/8" wide, run through crimper and trim as needed
  • Muirfield Designer Series Paper*
    • Top layer measures 4 1/2" x 1 3/4"
    • Bottom layer measures 4 1/2" x 1 1/4"
  • Flowers were made using Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and So Saffron cardstock
  • Four Frames and Very Versatile stamp sets
  • Cherry Cobbler ink
  • Decorative Label, Small Oval and Trio Flower punches
  • Crimper
  • Basic Jewels - Pearls
  • Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Other Products
  • White cardstock, or should I say not-so-white cardstock**
    • Card base measures 5" x 3 1/2"
I cannot remember where I learned how to make the flowers stand out.  I use an embossing tool to create depth in the cardstock flowers.  I will try to take pictures of each step and post a tutorial.

* Muirfield's coordinating cardstock colors are Bashful Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron, Rose Red and Whisper White.  I felt the Rose Red color in the DSP didn't match as well as the Cherry Cobbler.

** No brand-name or store-brand cardstock can't compare to Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White.  I had purchased ready-made cards with envelopes and I didn't want to throw them away.  NEVER again will I buy anything by Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White.

No comments: