- Die-cutting cutting pads, two pads + a little extra time = NO WARPING!
- Use one pad as the bottom pad - where the die cuts into the pad
- Use one pad that NEVER gets die cut into, label it DO NOT CUT
- Every other pass through your die cut machine, rotate and flip your pads. Don't switch pad positions, just flip and rotate the pads.
- EVERY OTHER PASS THROUGH is the key. Yes it takes time, but so worth the money. Now you have more money to spend on Stampin' Up! Products. You're welcome!
- I stopped during this with the Brother Switch embossing machine - it was a nightmare.
- Cutting your 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper
- If you need a 3 7/8" layer for one card, cut the DSP at 4" x 12". It is more likely you will use the remaining 4" piece on another project.
- If you need a 2 7/8" layer for one, cut the DSP at 3" x 12". It is more likely you will use the remaining 3" piece of another project
- Storing your Designer Series Paper with scraps
- Before opening your DSP, loosely apply clear packing tape as indicated here. Wrap it around the back just 2" on each side. This allows you to keep your DSP together along with the scraps in the original package. Keep the thicker white cardstock that your DSP comes in for stability while it is stored. I place scraps smaller than 12" x 6" pieces in the back behind the thicker white cardstock.
- I also tape my 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock this way
- Create a file type label with any punch you have. Attach it to a 12" x 12" piece of heavy cardstock. My DSP is filed alphabetically in an armoire.
- Color Combinations
- Check the back of a package of SU DSP, the colors that coordinate well are listed there. You don't have to use the DSP to know what colors coordinate.
- Color Coordinating for Dummies - my favorite website, Create, Ink, Color Lab
- Know What You Have
- Create a digital document with digital pictures of your stamps and dies
- Add in descriptions
- Use the "search" feature in that document
- Stamp inventory check out my pdf and Word Document I use HERE.
- Ribbon Embellishments - Do you struggle like I do making your ribbon embellishment behind a sentiment?
- I use Press'n Seal to create ribbon and flower layout designs. Simply create your ribbon zigzag, with the sticky side down of the Press'n Seal, apply that to your ribbon. Apply adhesive to where you want to place the embellishment and press your work onto your card. Gently pull back the Press'n Seal and presto - truly a work of art.
- Getting it Straight
- Place a Silicone Craft Sheet on top of the layer to prevent adhesive such like Dimensionals from being placed crooked on your card. Move the craft sheet as you slowly attach the card layer

- Keep it steady and straight
- Check out my blog post HERE.
- If you have seen my GLASS MAT 2.0. The magnetic knobs holds these in place PERFECTLY
- Lint rollers are not just for clothes
- What are all those SU Dimensionals doing all over my desk? I have a lint roller on my desk to pick up along with the little scraps of paper. THIS brand is what I use.
- Another pair of hands
- I use temporary glue runner to hold my pieces together while designing a card. It comes off easily. You can purchase a package of four HERE. At one point they offered a single, for the price of two I would pay more than the four pack.
These are my Amazon Affiliate links, they don't cost you anymore
but I receive a small commission. In case you are wondering, I haven't had a
customer purchase anything on Stampin' Up! for a decade. I pay for card idea I
post. Please consider using my Amazon Affiliate; I would be grateful.






No comments:
Post a Comment